Alabaster and Silk
Legend Forum | LegendMUD

The Past

October 2006


November 2006


December 2006


January 2007


July 2007

Monday, November 27, 2006

When one leasts expects...

I am forever amazed at the things that seem to happen when one leasts expects it.

Off and on for over 500 years I have found it no real chore to find willing ladies to fill my bed... and sometimes I even remembered a name. Every so often I would find myself with feelings that lasted longer than a night, a forte night usually at best. But not more than.. 3 times in all those years have I ever wondered if I had finally set upon 'Love.'

The last time was a member of the Intempesta Nox, though we both assured each other that it was merely a convenience when a 'release' was needed. Cold and emotionless was my existance following that, as always happened when my curse forced me to move on from... well... it was easier than to admit that I longed for release from my curse, but was unwilling to pay that ultimate cost.

Then, I am called to visit an old friend, a Lord of Hell. And I set eyes upon his Lady... And, even as Lancelot was enchanted by Gwenivere, so was I enchanted... Hmm.. that was a reference to a romance novel that Nadia had left out, by the way...

Where was I? Oh yes, I met Mistress Nadia, but she was with one of my oldest friends, and one of the few that can truly understand me, so I forced myself to remain cold and distant. I do believe she dispised me, and that was easier than anything else for me... until, when she was sore after fighting with someone... I gave her a massage...

After that, I had a difficult time being near to her, so I stayed away... as best I could. To say that I was unhappy when Joel and Nadia ended their relationship would be a half-truth. Joel is one of my oldest friends, and so I mourn his loss, all the while thinking of the massage again.

Then came demons, grendels, the past back to haunt, hellhounds, and angels... but I do not think I would trade it away as long as Nadia stood by me. For the first time in ... 400 years I actually said the words.... 'I love you.'

maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs